Frequently Asked Questions
Common Questions About Texas Workers’ Compensation
Below are some common questions that we hear from injured Texas workers after they’ve been hurt on the job and are looking for answers.
If you have a question that’s not listed here feel free to contact us. We’re glad to talk, even if only to answer your questions.
After Your Injury
- Should I hire a workers’ comp lawyer?
- What if I don’t file for Workers’ Compensation?
- Can parents of a deceased worker get benefits?
- Can the spouse of a deceased worker get benefits?
Questions About Employment
- Is my employer required to file a workers comp claim for me?
- Can I be fired while the doctor has me on light/restricted duty?
- How can I find out if my employer has workers’ comp?
- Can my employer fire me after a workers comp injury?
- What can I do if I was terminated after reporting my injury?
Workers’ Comp Dispute Questions
- What if Worker Comp disputes my claim?
- Is Workers’ Comp allowed to video me without my permission?
- Can I change workers comp insurance adjusters?
Income Benefits Questions
- How much money will I get per week?
- Can I get income benefits by direct deposit?
- How long will income benefits last?
- How can I increase my weekly comp check amount?
- Can I get a lump sum instead of weekly checks?
- I’m not receiving Income Benefits at all. What can I do?