Can I Get Workers Comp Lump Sum Instead Of Weekly Checks

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I get a lump sum instead of weekly checks?

Answer: That depends.

If you are receiving Temporary Income Benefits (TIBs), you will only be able to receive weekly payments, either by mailed check or direct deposit.

If you have been given an Impairment Rating, you will be entitled to Impairment Income Benefits (IIBs), which are usually also paid out weekly. However, you may request to receive all of your IIBs in a lump if at the time of reaching Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI) you have been returned to work for at least 3 months, earning at least 80% of your pre-injury wage.

<- Go Back