How Much Will I Get For Workers Comp In Texas?

Frequently Asked Questions

How much money will I get per week?

Answer: If you lose wages because of your work-related injury or illness, you should receive Temporary Income Benefits (TIBs), which amount to 70% of your Average Weekly Wage until you reach Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI).

After you reach MMI, you will receive an Impairment Rating and be paid for your physical impairment. At that time you will receive Impairment Income Benefits (IIBs), which also pay 70% of your Average Weekly Wage.

If, after reaching MMI, your Impairment Rating is 15% or higher, you may be eligible for Supplemental Income Benefits (SIBs), which are based on 80% of your Average Weekly Wage.

A full detailed breakdown of Comp Rate calculations can be found here.

All income benefit payments are subject to statutory maximum amounts.

<- Go Back