Frequently Asked Questions

What if I don’t like my workers’ comp doctor?

Answer: Request to change doctors.

As stated in the Texas Labor Code, you have the right to choose your treating doctor in a workers’ compensation claim. If, following your injury or illness, you were seen by the company doctor, then you only have 10 days to find a different doctor otherwise the company doctor becomes, by law, your treating doctor.

If you are unhappy with your initial choice of treating doctor, you have the right to request to change doctor’s by submitting DWC-Form 53, Employee’s Request to Change Treating Doctor. Simply fill out the form and send it to the Division of Workers’ Compensation.

Read more about Choosing a Good Workers’ Comp Doctor in Texas

Contact Us

Our Address

12600 N. Featherwood Dr, Ste 200
Houston, Texas 77034

Phone & Fax

Main Office: 713-223-1234
Fax Number: 713-910-9010

Toll Free: 888-434-2667

Abbott, Clay & Bedoy, L.L.C.
Copyright © 2020 • All rights reserved.
DisclaimerPrivacy Policy

Toll Free 888-434-COMP

Abbott, Clay & Bedoy attorneys are licensed only in the state of Texas unless otherwise indicated in the biographical section. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. We consider employment in another State only in association with co-counsel licensed in that State. References to laws are limited to federal and State of Texas law.