Frequently Asked Questions

How will my ER or doctor bill get paid?

Answer: Often, after a work-related injury or illness, injured employees go to the emergency room for evaluation and treatment. Other times, an injured employee may go to their own doctor before any workers’ compensation claim gets filed or accepted by the insurance carrier.

Once the workers’ compensation insurance carrier has accepted your injury or illness as compensable, simply send the bill to the insurance adjuster for reimbursement. The carrier should reimburse you quickly and without issue. Additionally, be sure to call the emergency room (or your own doctor) and

  • make sure the billing department knows that your treatment was for a workers’ compensation claim and
  • make sure the billing department has the workers’ comp carrier phone number, adjuster name, and claim number.

Contact Us

Our Address

12600 N. Featherwood Dr, Ste 200
Houston, Texas 77034

Phone & Fax

Main Office: 713-223-1234
Fax Number: 713-910-9010

Toll Free: 888-434-2667

Abbott, Clay & Bedoy, L.L.C.
Copyright © 2020 • All rights reserved.
DisclaimerPrivacy Policy

Toll Free 888-434-COMP

Abbott, Clay & Bedoy attorneys are licensed only in the state of Texas unless otherwise indicated in the biographical section. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. We consider employment in another State only in association with co-counsel licensed in that State. References to laws are limited to federal and State of Texas law.