Where Are My Income Benefit Checks?

I’m not working but my checks haven’t come. What can I do?

Why am I not receiving my workers’ comp checks?

Answer: It depends.

If you’ve been hurt on the job and are unable to earn the same amount of money as you did before your injury or illness, then you are entitled to receive Income Benefits after 8 days of reduced or lost income. If this is the case and you have not received Income Benefits (or if you have not been notified that you are eligible to receive Income Benefits), then chances are, it’s time to get an attorney involved.

Simply put, there is no excuse for not receiving Income Benefits if you fall into the above category. However, there are many reasons why you may not be getting weekly checks and unfortunately, it’s often difficult to find out why. Your employer may not have submitted the required income and wage information forms to the insurance company. The insurance company may not be aware that you are losing income because of your injury or illness. Additionally, your treating doctor may not have notified the court (the Division of Workers’ Compensation) or the insurance carrier that you have been remove from work completely, or limited in the amount that you can work or earn.

CALL 888-434-COMP and at least discuss the situation with an experienced, full-time workers’ compensation lawyer so we can get to the bottom of the problem and get those checks coming every week while you are being treated and getting better. The longer you wait, the longer it will take. Call today.


Contact Us

Our Address

12600 N. Featherwood Dr, Ste 200
Houston, Texas 77034

Phone & Fax

Main Office: 713-223-1234
Fax Number: 713-910-9010

Toll Free: 888-434-2667

Abbott, Clay & Bedoy, L.L.C.
Copyright © 2020 • All rights reserved.
DisclaimerPrivacy Policy

Toll Free 888-434-COMP

Abbott, Clay & Bedoy attorneys are licensed only in the state of Texas unless otherwise indicated in the biographical section. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. We consider employment in another State only in association with co-counsel licensed in that State. References to laws are limited to federal and State of Texas law.