Comp Rate – Weekly Benefit Amount in Texas Workers Comp Cases
Simply put, your “Comp Rate” is the amount of money that the workers’ compensation insurance carrier send you each week as long as you remain eligible to receive income benefits during the life of your Texas Workers’ Compensation case. The Comp Rate may vary based on what type of income benefits you are receiving and your Date of Injury. Below you will find brief explanations of how the Comp Rate is determined:
- Temporary Income Benefits (TIBs) – The Comp Rate will be calculated at 70% of your Average Weekly Wage. The maximum Comp Rate for TIBs is currently $913.00. Click here to see the chart for maximum Comp Rate for TIBs for your Date of Injury.
- Impairment Income Benefits (IIBs) – The Comp Rate for IIBs is calculated at 70% of your Average Weekly Wage. The maximum Comp Rate for IIBs is currently $639.00. Click here to see the chart for maximum Comp Rate for IIBs for your Date of Injury.
- Supplemental Income Benefits (SIBs) – The Comp Rate for SIBs is calculated at 80% of your Average Weekly Wage. The maximum Comp Rate for SIBs is currently $639.00. Click here to see the chart for maximum Comp Rate for SIBs for your Date of Injury.
- Lifetime Income Benefits (LIBs) – The Comp Rate for LIBs is calculated at 75% of your Average Weekly Wage (with a 3% increase every year) The maximum amount applies to the first year only. Subsequent years are not subject to maximums. The maximum Comp Rate for LIBs is currently $913.00. Click here to see the chart for maximum Comp Rate for LIBs for your Date of Injury.
- Death Benefits – The Comp Rate for Death Benefits is calculated at 75% of the deceased worker’s Average Weekly Wage at the time of the work-related injury that led to the employee’s death. Click here to see the chart for maximum Comp Rate amounts for Death Benefits based on Date of Injury.
Workers Comp Income Benefits Calculator
Use our free Texas Workers Compensation Income Benefits Calculator to get an estimated amount of your weekly income benefit payment. Temporary Income Benefits, Impairment Income Benefits, Supplemental Income Benefits, and Lifetime Income Benefits calculated within minutes.
Texas Workers’ Compensation laws are complex and impact many areas of an injured workers’ life and future. The insurance carrier has one goal: to limit or dispute your medical care and your entitlement to income benefits. Call 888-434-COMP (888-434-2667) and talk to our hard-working, experienced workers’ comp lawyers. You owe it to yourself to talk to an attorney who can help you understand your rights, responsibilities and options in this difficult time of your life. The call is free, there is no obligation, and all conversations are kept strictly confidential. Call today.
12600 N. Featherwood Dr, Ste 200
Houston, Texas 77034
Phone & Fax
Main Office: 713-223-1234
Fax Number: 713-910-9010
Toll Free: 888-434-2667
Toll Free 888-434-COMP
Abbott & Associates attorneys are licensed only in the state of Texas unless otherwise indicated in the biographical section. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. We consider employment in another State only in association with co-counsel licensed in that State. References to laws are limited to federal and State of Texas law.